No Fate But What We Make

Tech Infantry - Season 10

Forums

Forum Home > Special Features > (9.1) Episode 2 Comments

Lorpius Prime
Administrator

Well that was a bit of a trip, but it all came together in the end.

I'm coming to the conclusion that I don't really have the proper disposition to be a great moderator.  The trouble is that I can't really stay as aloof and neutral towards your characters as I probably ought to.  I feel very possessive of the stories, even though they're your characters' stories, and it's hard to resist editing them to fit my vision of where they ought to go.  

The major victim this episode is Ascension, whose story took me 4 full days to edit, and which I ended up almost completely rewriting.  I feel bad about doing that, but ultimately I could not let go, either.  Once I managed to get through Ascension's story, I was feeling pretty demoralized, and I had a couple of days last week that were stressful enough for other reasons that I just couldn't get into the spirit of TI.  When I did return, it took me about a day each for Scout's and Thomas' stories, though I did stew over some edits for longer than I should have.  I had writer's block over Ryoko's story, where I was working to a pretty open outline, but once I figured out the first line of each section, it managed to fall into place.  Lastly, Viktor's story was a breeze to edit, despite the length, I think I got through it in just a few hours.

So you're all doing a great job here, this delay is entirely on me.  Despite the stress, I am having fun with your characters and your stories, and I look forward to helping each of them realize their dark destinies.  Keep up the great work, and please take a few minutes to go through the other players' stories and tell them what you thought!

September 17, 2013 at 4:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MJ, the Original Gangsta
Site Owner

Ah, now you have learned Lorpy that there is nothing you possess that I cannot take away. Of course, the Huvitos could have warned you... if only you spoke Huvito...

Wait a minute... (shuffling papers) sorry, wrong speech. (ahem) Well, Lorpy, you would have never learned what the moderator does without doing it yourself. I commend you for your effort so far! Now if you can remember this lesson the next time the moderator messes with your character, things will go better for both of you next season. ;)

That being said, here are my comments:

ASCENSION: A lot of badassery going on during this week's episode. My only regret was that the death of the Countess seemed a bit rushed... I'm guessing that was out of necessity rather than intent.

RYOKO: I really liked your interpretation of the older Tremont. Very suave, very interesting... escaping the ship was a bit tricky, which is always a problem when writing space-based stories. It's very easy to write yourself into a corner because unless you're driving the ship, the physical reality of a spaceship makes it difficult to escape.

MOLOTOK: Holy crap! The Terran Marines was a nice touch, although it seemed to drag a little bit, but then our titular character crossed his moral event horizon. Yowser! It was effective, and certainly Machiavellian, but I'll be curious if he pays for it later in the story.

SCOUT: As always, I forget Bax's rule - if you don't hurt yourself enough, the moderator will do it for you. Still managed to come out all right, but I really need to work on that. Plus, much like Ryoko's story, I put my character in a position where his badassery was going to be able to do precisely jack, by putting him back on his ship.

GIOVANNI: I liked the demise of Lord Lukas - I'm sure it was punishment for using such a crappy stereotype for an NPC. :D The Royal Blue Guards were an interesting element; maybe we can hook them up with the Blue Blazer Brigade and take on the World Crime League! (crickets) Sorry, obscure reference. Thomas is slowly getting his forces together, but with this recent addition, I'll be looking for him to strike next act.

Keep it up, y'all!

--

I call myself Albigensia - the once and future Storyteller.

September 18, 2013 at 1:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xinjao

Congratulations, Lorpy!  You've made it to the halfway point of the miniseries!  Take a week off, recharge your batteries, and then once more unto the breach, dear friend, once more.

I know what you mean about growing attached to the characters as Moderator.  That happened to me when I was briefly moderating Season 8 - mainly with David Weathers, though, as I was actually writing his story - when you have to get inside the character's head to write out their personality, dialogue, and behavior, it's hard not to get attached.  I'm guessing you're more attached to Ascension and Ryoko, and less to Scout and Viktor?

ASCENSION: Great story, very exciting, good characterization.  I'm a little puzzled as to where Ascension's story will go now, though, as she seems to have achieved her main goal.

RYOKO: Ah, now we seem to be getting to the central conflict of her plotline.  I'm not quite clear on if House Tremont is in on the conspiracy, or if the Righteous Armsmen just ran into Ryoko's bodyguards at the wrong place and time.  I, too, like the characterization of the older Tremont.  I'm certainly curious to see where this mystery goes, although I'm a bit worried that you won't be able to wrap it up in two more episodes.

VIKTOR: Well, I figured killing a thousand death-row felons wasn't that big of a deal to Viktor after having killed two million innocent civilians previously.  Sorry to hear it dragged a bit.  I'm guessing that was early on before they were captured?

SCOUT: What's an "affisme seffque"?  Is that a foreign language or something?  Also, what curveball did Lorpy throw at Scout this week?  Scout's story is by far the most exciting plotline of the miniseries so far, as there's a fight of some sort in every episode.  Loved the hints about the "skyborn" class in Vulthra society.  I also like the Park character, and certainly won't mind if Hector becomes part of Scout's crew (it looks like his character arc is heading in that direction).  I'm a little confused, though, as to how the Supercharger Heaven's grav drive could explode with enough force to take out a chunk of the moon, yet not vaporize the ship...

THOMAS: The story seemed a bit slow and short this week, although it was nice to see Lukas get swatted.  Like Ryoko's plotline, I'm beginning to grow a bit concerned that Thomas might not be able to finish telling your story within the allotted page length left.

--

=^_^=

September 18, 2013 at 5:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Josiah

Yeah, wow...  I mean, there is still some stuff that I wrote, but from the opening line I could tell it wasn't going to play out quite the way I had written it.  General gist of it, sure, and it does work.
It's like I said before, it wouldn't be quite as exciting if I opened the document and read almost verbatim what I wrote.  I might still have the excitement of other characters' stories, but if I knew I could count on exactly what I said happening...  I'd have the rest of the series written by now, and I'd probably have started a spinoff book about it so as to escape the confines of 30 pages...  That said, you realize that on a technicality that means I'M the reason the story took so long to come out, and I'm somewhat imagining my orders being some of the first in line...  Maybe if I give them to you at the last minute, you won't feel compelled to re-write damn near everything and the story might come out quicker?  >_<

Scout's story was fun, as always, but I did rather dislike that the whole story occured on the ship where he could essential do very little to impact the outcome of the events of the story through sheer bad-assery.  However, I absolutely loved that some more information started to surface AND the closing line, which made me laugh out loud.

Thomas did seem really short...  I was kind of intrigued by the departure of his sire, as that seemed like it might begin to propel your story forward into some cool shennanigans, but when it was over I felt like damn near nothing had actually happened in the story...  Obviously stuff did happen, but a lot of it was just mentioned in passing and in low detail...  Perhaps Chris was a bit crunched for time?  Still I did like seeing Lukas go.

Ryoko:
MULTIPLE GUN SHOTS?  That caught me off guard for some reason.  Throughout the episode as I read it just seemed like it was going to be a very quiet episode of intrigue about the Christian Federation, but I guess when the intrigue climaxes, the time for action comes.  Still, am I understanding correctly that Ryoko's bit was largely wrote by Lorpius?

Viktor's plan became pretty obvious to me when it mentioned the judicial authority part.  I'm not sure I understand how that prompted him to visit the surface, but I did like the idea of the bug techs and the introduction of the Troopers.  I'm curious how his former chief of security might react to this recent turn of events, and what is in store for Viktor now that he can begin to form a real fleet...  Also curious about Amanda's lack of cortex bomb...

In specific response to MJ, I had planned to write her death at the beginning of the next episode.    I was somewhat into the idea of killing the Countess with Ascension, but the twist makes sense given...  The other twists.  I think it may partly be Lorpius's desire to propel my story forward, but the only reason I wasn't going to do it this episode was page space, so it works pretty well for me...

In specific response to Xinjao, you think all I wanted to do was control a planet?  How cute!  BWAHAHAHAHA!
In reality my character's remaining story purpose isn't actually aimed at her own goals or benefit necessarily.  At this point, I could try and take it that way, and I might to some degree, but you might say my goal with this character was geared not only at establishing an NPC of considerable influence, but also at aiming to shape the universe in some way...

In the meantime, I've been at pre job training this week, and am rather tired today.  I also greatly appreciate the brief break at this particular juncture.

September 18, 2013 at 7:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MJ, the Original Gangsta
Site Owner

An "affisme seffque" is part of my ever-reaching goal to come up with more creative swear words. I used it in my story "Fatebane" - it's actually a bad in-joke between me and Martin - seffque sounds a lot like "F You." There were a lot of CEFCU ads when we both went to ISU; CEFCU is a credit union. AFSCME is the government workers' union and they went on strike once at ISU. So I'd ask Martin, "AFSCME?" and he'd shoot back, "CEFCU!"

BTW, Lorpy's twist on my story was having some rocket launchers on the moon to surprise my ship. Now as for why the gravity drive blew a chunk out of the moon, but left the ship intact, has to do with the reason why you don't activate in orbit. The idea is that the gravity drive creates a hyperspace portal; you're literally ripping a hole in space/time and then jumping through it. Anything immediately around the portal is going to get shredded, although it's not gonna affect the ship, since it's going through the portal, not through the shock wave of creating it.

That's about it for now!

September 19, 2013 at 8:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xinjao

Oh!  Oh, right, yeah, that makes sense now.  I thought the damage was caused by the grav drive exploding, not the hyperspace portal - now that I understand the distinction, it makes perfect sense.  Mind if I tweak the text slightly to clairify that, Lorpy?

I also got slightly confused with Ryoko's story - I thought the cruiser belonged to House Tremont itself, rather than being an Imperial Navy cruiser that happened to be in thier system.  I was able to clairfy that, too, by only changing a few words in ep1.  Hope you don't mind.

At some point, perhaps for the paperback, I need to go back to Viktor's ep1 story and clairify the point Martin made about most people over 30 having at least some military experience due to Clarke's draft under the Five Acts.

Now that you mention it, I think I might have witnessed an AFSCME-CEFCU exchange between you and Martin way back when... although I don't think I understood it then, either.  Still, it's an ammusing addtion to TI slang.  I also put a lot of Russian swear words in the Viktor-Bezrukov scene, most of which Lorpy translated back to English - I figure either he had Google Translate and good intuition, or Lorpy secretly speaks Russian.

--

=^_^=

September 19, 2013 at 10:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lorpius Prime
Administrator

No, Lorpy does not speak Russian.  Nor does Lorpy speak Korean, Japanese, or In-Joke.  Whenever Lorpy encounters words in a language with which he is not familiar, and which are also immune to translation by Google Translate because that program needs entries to be in their native alphabet, Lorpy starts thinking about all the ways he could murder characters.

In all seriousness, if you folks could give me some kind of notes or a key whenever you include foreign languages to keep me in the loop on the meaning, that would be appreciated.  If I ever have to do some editing, even minor tweaks, it becomes hard to preserve bits like that because I don't know if they still make sense in context.

I'm probably okay with tweaks to the text to clarify those points, Xinjao.  I'd thought both were clear, but that's a hazard of being caught up in the creation, hard to read anything from the audience's perspective.

September 19, 2013 at 4:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Martin The Mess

Took me a few days to find time to read it this week, due to jury duty, family chores, and a bad case of the always-groggy-and-tireds. 

ASCENSION:  Love the tar trees, always like that kind of world-building detail.  I've never seen an episode of Spongbob Squarepants, but THIS is still what I thought of immediately as soon as Ascension called up Patrick.  I was hoping for a better explanation of the obviously-requisite survival of Ascension and crew than "the orbital bombardment destroyed everything for kilometers in every direction, but only mildly singed the hair and slightly dented the cars of anyone important to the plot".  I'd like to see Ascension's character sheet to see how many points one has to spend to be the head of a revolutionary movement with thousands of followers.  I could more easily buy being a just-outside-the-inner-circle leader of the movement who ends up inheriting the top slot when everyone above you conveniently gets caught/killed by the authorities.  There's something inherently amusing about the line "Franciscans mowing people down in the streets", it conjures up images of a bunch of guys cosplaying as Friar Tuck as they slaughter innocent bystanders. On the other hand, Guerrilla has two r's, not one.  Finally, gonna be fun to see what the Imperial authorities and/or other nobles will do when they see someone overthrowing one of their own.  You could possibly get the Emperor's forces off your back if you quickly came up with some bullcrap cover story about corruption or disloyalty to the Empire within House Francisco and pledge the new House Kalynn to the Emperor's cause if he'll recognize you as the new authority in Kalintos on his behalf.  If the Empire's nobility is anything like past nobilities, they will not look kindly on one of their own being overthrown by mere commoners.  Granted, this nobility has only had a decade to get entrenched, but many of them will be quite enthusiastic about the whole thing and throw themselves into the role of hereditary aristocracy with gusto. 

RYOKO:  I liked the portrayal of Bad Andy, even if I had a hard time visualizing old-Marc-Singer in the role.  Not quite sure what's going on with the stolen shipment of nanobots (several vague ideas, but nothing concrete), interested in where that's going.

VIKTOR:  So, he's been in jail for 10 years, but has a 4-year-old daughter?  Nice to see the Imps allow conjugal visits.  Or that his wife has found a new friend.  Nice to see Erich get mentioned, and an obvious homage to the B5 episode "Point of No Return" and the chain of command loophole.  I quite enjoy the New Siberians.  On the other hand, from the guy who wrote Xinjao O'Reilly, I expected more resistance to the troops reimposing order on the ships.  Even if the ships' marine armories were stripped before the convicts were brought on board, I'd expect the machine shops etc on board a modern warship to be quite capable of building a gauss gun from scratch in a couple of days. 

SCOUT:    Short and sweet.  No, you probably can't go from orbital velocity in a standard parking orbit to hiding-behind-a-moon in anything less than a couple of hours, even with futuristic ion drive engines.  Plenty of time for killsats to take potshots at you.  But the plot required you to get out, so get away you did.  We'll just say the moon was in a very close orbit, circling Angel One in a couple of days at most, that at least puts it only a few times further out than geosyncronous orbit. 

THOMAS:  Nice Dune reference, made all the more amusing since I was listening to the Dune movie soundtrack while reading it.  Also nice to see Lukas get his comeuppance.  A few grammatical/editing problems, but nothing too distracting.  Decent exposition of the reasoning behind the Baron's hit on the Duke.  Only real complaint is that you've dialed back the setting details too much, had a hard time visualizing the scene.  When simply described as a "foyer" and a "living room", my brain started filling in the scene with a typical suburban-sitcom  house, which was an incongruous setting for vampires and interplanetary intrigue. 

All in all, a good episode, despite a few minor plot holes and technobabble or stylistic concerns.  Sorry it took me so long to get around to reading it. 

September 21, 2013 at 4:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Josiah

Silly Martin, it set the jungle on fire for kilometers...  The bombardment split open tar trees which started fires which spread throughout the jungle.  Didn't write it myself, but it seems pretty legit to me...  Go figure you would find a spelling error though.

Good point on Viktor, kind of humorous.

I wondered about the travel time to a moon as well, but figured if somebody was in a real big hurry and maybe using some kind of gravity sling...  Who knows?

Jury duty?  NOT GUILTY!  AHEM...  I mean, that sounds uninteresting...

September 23, 2013 at 1:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MJ, the Original Gangsta
Site Owner

You see, Martin, this is why I don't write space battles, because I have little idea of the science behind it. But... why CAN'T I go from parking orbit to moon in minutes IN THE FUTURE! (insert orchestral sting). If you assume inertial dampeners exist and you can pull 400 gees (I've been reading a lot of Honor Harrington lately), sure, you're going to cause massive disruption in the high atmosphere, but I don't see why you couldn't.

Of course, in retrospect, it might have been more fun to have the killsats fire missiles, and having to shoot down a bunch with point defense before having to jump into hyperspace. And as we established with the First Battle of Avalon (Season 4.3), with a grav drive, you can jump in and out just about anywhere. I would think Captain Karl would be working on the idea that jumping next to a planet tends to mess up everything around it (weather patterns, other ships, et al).

Next time, I'm just gonna open a frickin' magic portal... ;)

--

I call myself Albigensia - the once and future Storyteller.

September 23, 2013 at 10:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Martin The Mess

I didn't quibble with you being able to enter hyperspace near a planet.  TI's hyper limits aren't nearly as big as the Honorverse's, with corresponding differences in tactics.  I mean, sure, you can open a portal from hyperspace pretty close to a planet, but any defenders are gonna see the jump point forming in plenty of time to get their weapons armed and pointed at you....while you, coming through the jump point, can't see exactly what's waiting for you until you're already coming through the portal.  The result is that trying to sneak-attack someone through a just-opened portal tends to look like the last few minutes of the Wing Commander movie: Ship comes through from hyperspace, ship gets face full of missiles before it can get a lock on the missiles to fire point defense, ship is expanding cloud of plasma. The problem wasn't with opening a jump portal near a planet.  Low orbit might be tough, but opening a portal in the upper orbitals is not that difficult, just very dangerous.  You're basically creating an artificial black hole and then collapsing it a minute or two later, with the approach vector from one side of the black hole artificially smoothed out to allow a ship to enter without being crushed or pulled apart by the intense gravity.  Try to enter from another direction, be a fragile satellite nearby when it opens, and you're toast. 

The problem was orbital mechanics.  When you're in orbit, your speed determines the radius of your orbit, and thus your altitude.  Speed up, and you move to a bigger-radius orbit, a new orbit that actually takes longer to circle the planet.  So if two ships are in orbit but at rest relative to each other, and one speeds up, it will pull "up" and away from the planet, but also fall "behind" the lower, slower-but-faster-orbiting one that hasn't changed velocity.  A low parking orbit easy to get to and from by shuttle is a pretty slow orbit, circling the planet in 90 minutes or so.  Defense satellites tend to be in higher, faster orbit, circling the planet in a few hours to once or twice a day.  Hence "you can't shoot me without risking hitting the planet", as you pointed out in your story.  Speeding up means moving to a higher orbit, getting closer to the satellites above you, catching up to satellites already moving faster than you, thus slowing down relative to them, and becoming an easier target. 

If it was just Scout, you probably could have just opened a jump point in the atmosphere, let its gravity well shield you from the killsats, and flee into hyperspace, atmospheric disturbances and damage to the surface below be damned.  But your human captain didn't want to try that until he ran out of other options, I can see that.  But a moon similar to Luna is gonna be in a very high, very fast orbit, circling the planet once a month or so.  Gonna take several minutes, even at fairly high accelleration, just to change your velocity enough to match orbits with the moon and thus be in a position to hide behind it rather than zoom past it on your way out to the stars.  Even honorverse ships gotta boost for hours at a stretch to get up to or back down from several percent of light speed. 

Great big warships with gravity drives can pull a few hundred gees.  Small private vessels like the Supercharger Heaven is supposed to be can't.  They are unlikely to have artificial gravity, much less their own jump point generators, certainly not a grav drive capable of being used to drive the ship.  Without artificial gravity, you can't have an inertial damper, thus you're limited to a half dozen gees, and can't even do that without strapping everyone in real good before hand without breaking some bones in the process. 

The Supercharger Heaven is clearly a human ship, else why would Scout need to hire a human crew?  It may be a smuggler ship of some sort, in which case I can just barely buy it having its own jump point generator, possibly supplied by Scout as part of his payment to said human crew.  Having its own grav drive and inertial dampers, no.  Artificial gravity and inertial dampers are found on ships with crew numbering in the hundreds or at least dozens, not on small ships with half a dozen crewmen. 

You and Bax wanted to kill the jumpgate network so the Imperium could monopolize travel like the Spacing Guild from Dune.  Fine, but that means Scout's hired human ship shouldn't be able to just go from planet to planet whenever he wants to.  You made this bed, now lie in it. 

September 23, 2013 at 4:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lorpius Prime
Administrator

Supercharger Heaven is a K'Nes ship.  Its crew are Human refugees, likely both because Scout could not afford to hire K'Nes for a dangerous mission into Imperial territory, and because Humans would be less conspicuous on Scout's mission.

The ship's "gravity drive" is mostly just a jump point generator, it uses conventional ion engines for propulsion.  But it does have grav plating and some inertial compensation ability provided by the grav drive, which allows the ion engines to operate at a higher acceleration than a living crew could normally survive.

Angel One's orbital defense network (along with most of Jennifer's Star fixed space defenses) was nearly destroyed during the Caal Invasion.  The Terran Republic barely had time to emplace a handful of makeshift new weapons platforms before the Imperial Navy annihilated the rest of the grid.  In the ten years since, House Griswold has put very little effort into rebuilding the network.  As a result, the number of platforms that could actually target the Heaven during its escape was extremely limited.  House Griswold had believed that even a bare-minimum ODN was sufficient to extort tolls from clunky merchant ships.  They may have been right about that, but Magistrate Lukas was very wrong to assume that the Supercharger Heaven was an ordinary freighter.  It is, in fact, a purpose-built blockade runner.  The K'Nes Navy uses the same hull for fast frigates, although the Heaven isn't quite so heavily armed.

Captain Karl had the Heaven boost rapidly to a much higher orbit in order to evade the one chemlaser-armed satellite that was drawing a bead on them.  While this might have involved bringing the ship closer to the satellite's orbit, it blocked a shot by putting them in the shadow of a moon.  As they passed the moon, they came into range of the missile launchers placed there (which could only fire up, as the moon was too massive to mount attitude thrusters).  This new threat forced Karl to resort to escaping with a jump point, despite the risk of damaging the drive--possibly even destroying the ship--by interacting with Angel One's gravity well.  Luckily for him, Scout, and everyone aboard the Supercharger Heaven, the maneuver worked without blowing them up.

September 23, 2013 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lorpius Prime
Administrator

Okay, progress report on the next episode (thought maybe keeping a log of these would be a good idea).

I'm afraid today is the first day since the due date that I've had much time and energy to sit down and work on the next episode.  I have just finished and inserted into the episode document the first character story.  I am maybe 1/3 to 1/2 done with editing a second one.  After that I've got one more which I ancitipate needing only light editing, and two that look like they'll involve more writing.  At the moment, I think I can move through all of these at a decent clip, I don't see any reason to get as badly hung up as I did last week, but it will still be a few more days.

September 27, 2013 at 12:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lorpius Prime
Administrator

Yeah, I don't know folks.  I thought it was just distraction, I had a very strangely and unpredictably busy last few days.  But now I am running into conventional writer's block and lack of motivation again.  Stupid as it sounds, one of my big hang-ups right now is that I can't think of a good title/quote for the episode, since the one I'd been planning to use does not make as nice a fit for the actual stories as I'd hoped.  I pretty much understand what needs to happen with all the remaining submissions, but actually realizing it is not happening the way I want.

Anyway, despair not, the episode will get done, and the miniseries will continue.  I am absolutely not leaving this hanging unfinished with just two more installments to go.  It's just going to take a bit longer.

September 30, 2013 at 11:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MJ, the Original Gangsta
Site Owner

Lorpy - you could call it "A Wall in Space"? :)

Keep it up, Lorpy - you can do it!

October 1, 2013 at 1:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lorpius Prime
Administrator

2/5 done.  That ended up being a much heavier edit than I expected, but I think it's worth it.  Unless I have another fit of mad inspiration, I'm hoping I can run complete at least a first pass of editing on the third story later tonight once I've recharged a bit.

October 1, 2013 at 6:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lorpius Prime
Administrator

3/5 complete.  These last two stories I've got involve require good proportion of original writing by me, which is why I've saved them for last.  Kind of hard to predict how fast they'll go, but best case is probably one day for each.

October 2, 2013 at 6:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lorpius Prime
Administrator

Comics that make me think of TI (right now):

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2013/10/07

"The Bugs are like bugs," Viktor said, as everything suddenly fell into place in his mind, "and yet not like bugs."  He grabbed Gretchen by the shoulders and shook her forcefully, willing her to see the truth that he had just realized.  "That's what makes them so terrifying!"

You guys wouldn't mind if episode 3 reads like that, right?

October 7, 2013 at 5:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MJ, the Original Gangsta
Site Owner

Strangely enough, I think it works for Viktor. :)

October 7, 2013 at 10:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Josiah

Well, I've been perched on the edge of my seat for a while now...  Been checking my e-mails on every break at work, knowing that it is very unlikely to arrive in the middle of the day.  I hope everything is going okay and you haven't driven yourself mad, and I'll be just as eager to read it whenever it does come out, so just stay with it and (for me personally) don't sweat how long it takes.  Now I must go to sleep, pretending to be an adult with a career-thing is taxing.

October 8, 2013 at 11:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.